Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Amanda and Matt

Genny and I had the great pleasure last weekend of not only traveling home, but both being involved in the wedding of a long time friend Amanda and her now husband, Matt. Genny has been close friends for many years, in fact longer than she has been with me, and I've known Amanda for quite a bit as well. Genny and I got to know Matt when we were shooting their engagement photos over Christmas of last year and it was immediately evident what a great match they were.

Genny was a bridesmaid and I was originally going to be the photographer for them. But then unexpectedly, an awesome thing happened, they won a contest to have their entire wedding provided and paid for by a group of local wedding industry businesses. Everything was delicious/beautiful and even though I was slightly sad to be sidelined, I couldn't think of two people who deserve this great honor more. Among these generous professionals was local wedding photographer Jamie Collins, and after speaking with her, she graciously said that it would great to have a second shooter along; so I was back in business. Jaime is a very talented and well established photographer and I had a great time working along side her.




It was a great day and I was glad to be a part of the beginning of Amanda and Matt's life together. Many thanks to Jessica for making the whole day come together like it did. Here are a few more of my favorites.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those pictures are GREAT!!! I am so glad that you both were at our wedding! it wouldn't have been the same w/out you! Much love!
Amanda J.